VIGNE Panel of Doctors
Dr Benjamin Yip
Dr Benjamin Yip
Experienced Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist
MBBS (Singapore), MRCP (UK), MCI (NUS), FRCP (Edin), FAMS (Gastroenterology), FASGE (USA)
Dr Benjamin Yip is an experienced Consultant Gastroenterologist and the Medical Director of the Alpha Digestive & Liver Centre.
Dr Benjamin Yip sees patients with General Medical as well as Gastroenterology/ Hepatology concerns. Dr Yip’s main interest and joy lie in endoscopy. He regularly performs general endoscopies such as gastroscopy and colonoscopy (both diagnostic and therapeutic).
His expertise lies in Advanced Endoscopy, where he performs complex endoscopic procedures including ERCP, EUS, single balloon enteroscopy, Spyglass™ cholangioscopy and enteral dilation/stenting.
● Dr Benjamin Yip graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) with the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery.
● He has then conferred Member of the Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom (UK).
● He completed his specialist training in General Medicine and, thereafter, advanced specialist training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the National University Hospital, Singapore.
● Dr Yip was then awarded the Health Manpower Development Plan award to sub-specialise in Advanced Endoscopy at the Royal Free and University College Hospitals in London, UK.
● He received training in endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), SpyglassTM cholangioscopy, deep enteroscopy and enteral dilation/stenting.
● Dr Yip started the cholangioscopy service at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital (KTPH) after his return from Advanced Endoscopy training in the UK, and was the only specialist doing both ERCP and EUS at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital (NTFGH).
● In recognition of his dedication to patient care, he was awarded the Alexandra Health Service Champion Award.
● Dr Yip was awarded the National Medical Research Council MOH Health Research Scholarship to pursue the Master of Clinical Investigation (MCI) degree course conducted at NUS.
Dr Yip was awarded the Health Manpower Development Plan award to sub-specialise in Advanced Endoscopy at the Royal Free and University College Hospitals in London, UK. During his tenure, he trained with several leading members of the Advanced Endoscopy community. He received training in endoscopic retrograde holangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), SpyglassTM cholangioscopy, deep enteroscopy and enteral dilation/stenting.
Expertise in Complex Gut-related Conditions
Almost 20 years of experience in public health service and managing complex gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary conditions.
Safer, Faster, Better Recovery
Evidence-based, minimally invasive procedures such as complex endoscopic procedures like endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), Spyglass™ cholangioscopy, deep enteroscopy and enteral dilation/stenting.
Your health is our top priority. We deliver prompt access to appointments, diagnostic services and procedures.
Area of Treatments
- Liver Biopsy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Video Capsule Endoscopy