VIGNE Panel of Doctors
Dr Eric Chong
Dr Eric Chong
Senior Consultant Cardiologist
Dr Chong is a senior consultant cardiologist. He is adjunct assistant clinical professor of medicine in the National University of Singapore. Besides general cardiology and medicine, Dr Chong is subspecialized and accredited in interventional cardiology, cardiac pacing and electrophysiology procedures. Dr Chong underwent advanced training under top cardiologists in internationally renowned cardiac centers in Singapore, Taiwan and London in the past.
Dr Chong has won many awards and achievements. These awards include:
1. Gold Medal in the Young Investigators Award in the Asia-Pacific Cardiac Society Congress in 2007.
2. Third Prize Young Investigators Award in the Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Society Congress in 2012.
3. Best Research Paper Gold medal winner the Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore in 2010.
4. Third Prize Winner for the Singapore Medical Journal Best Paper publication award in 2012.
5. Gold medal in clinical research oral presentation in the Singapore Malaysia Congress of Medicine in 2011.
6. First prize oral research presentation in the National Health Group annual scientific meeting in 2008.
7. Finalist in the Singapore Cardiac Society Young Investigator Award Competition in 2006 and 2013.
8. Singapore Medical Journal Best Reviewer Award in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
9. Best Senior Investigator Clinical Poster Award in Singapore Malaysia Hong Kong Tripartite Medical Congress 2013.
10. Best Senior Investigator Clinical Research Award in Singapore Malaysia Hong Kong Tripartite Medical Congress 2013.
11. Heart Rhythm Journal Outstanding Publication Award in the area of Clinical/Basic Research in 2016
Dr Chong is an elected Fellow of several cardiology societies in recognition of his achievement and expertise in medicine and cardiology. These include the Academy of Medicine of Singapore, European Society of Cardiology, American College of Cardiology, ASEAN Federation of Cardiology, Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology and Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions USA.
Dr Chong holds level 2 European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) Cardiac Pacing certification and the International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) certifications in electrophysiology and cardiac device therapy. He also holds level 2 CT coronary angiography certification of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography USA. He is a member of the Royal College of Physicians, Heart Rhythm Society USA, European Heart Rhythm Association and Singapore Cardiac Society.